We are looking for a Head Chef for our in-house cafe who is passionate about food and excellent customer service. Our cafe is great to be in – it’s full of energy, busy and serves amazing fresh food. The successful applicant must be super organised, efficient and energetic. Applicants must have a background in the hospitality industry, ideally working in a variety of environments and as well as having experience of working to a professional standard (Rosette or fine dining standard).
The key elements of the role are:
- Working in a busy cafe kitchen
- Supervising the catering team whilst mentoring catering learners to develop their culinary skills
- Be responsible for the cleaning and maintaining of the kitchen and facility
- Knowledge of Health and Safety to ensure policies and practices are adhered to
- Maintain high levels of standards within the cafe
- To undertake any other duties that may be required for the effective operation of the business
- Have the ability to create a menu
- To develop existing products served
The Ideal Person
- Previous Head Chef experience
- Retail and commercial skills are a must
- Ability to multi task and cover for catering staff when required
- Ability to work with young people
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Extremely organised and proactive
- Ability to work well in a team and on your own initiative
- Financial awareness
- Motivated to deliver consistent high standards of food and quality customer service
- Friendly and approachable
- A ‘can-do’ attitude
To apply please email Bethan Coyle, HR Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy of your CV.
Basic Salary: £21,000 – £25,000 per annum dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
Additional Benefits: 32-36 days Annual Holiday Entitlement, Contributory Pension Scheme, Contribution to Leisure Fees and much more. Total Reward package up to £28,000 per annum pro rata.