All staff and learners within the ACT network are invited to enter our Welsh Skills Competition.
Combine your creative skills and passion for being Welsh (or living in Wales) in one of the following categories:
- Photography “Take a photo of something or someone that sums up Wales in just one image.
- Written piece “ Fancy yourself as the next Dylan Thomas? Write a short story, poem, pen portrait of a famous person or even a joke. Your written entry can be in either Welsh or English.
- Welsh Bake Off “ Like cakes? Love cooking? Combine both and make a Welsh themed cake! You can use all Welsh ingredients or make a decorative cake which captures the country you live in.
- Vocational Skills “Create something inspired by Wales using the amazing skills you have learned via your route. How about a Wales themed hair design? A handmade item that you’ve constructed yourself like a wooden dragon? Or what about spray painting a car with a Wales inspired motif (with permission of course!)? Whatever you decide, track the progress from beginning to end by taking photographs of the process and the final product.
- Performance “ Always wanted to go on Britain’s Got Talent?! Be creative and film yourself singing a song, performing a scene from a play, rapping or dancing and enter it into the Performance category. Performances can take place in Welsh or English.
Entries for all categories must be sent via email to email@example.com along with your name, telephone number, training provider and name of your tutor. If you are a member of staff please send through your job title.
Look out for the ‘Proud to be Welsh’ posters dotted around our offices and spread the word about the competition to your learners.
Important entry information
- Closing date for all categories: Wednesday 26 February 2014
- Welsh Bake Off: Please make sure that all entries for the Welsh Bake Off are at Ocean Park House by Wednesday 26 February in an air tight container, clearly marked with your contact details.
- Winners: Winners will be announced on Friday 28 February 2014