SkillsCymru is back! An interactive career and skills events for Wales featuring top employers and Wales’ leading training provider ACT. Want to know more about work-based learning? Then come and visit the ACT Training stand.
You’ll find out everything you need to know from what programmes we offer, what qualifications you can expect to gain, what employers we work with, what placements you can expect to go, how much money you can earn and how to sign up.
Throughout Skills Cymru we will also have a range of interactive demonstrations for you to take part in. Come and have a go at:
- programming our Lego robot type in a code and watch him move
- paediatric first aid learn how to deal with accident and emergencies involving children
- a cookery demonstration don’t forget to sample the freshly cooked food afterwards
- picking a business outfit make sure it’s one that will make a good first impression
- bricklaying master the skill of building a straight and sturdy wall
What’s more… anyone that enquires about ACTs Traineeships, Apprenticeships or Higher Apprenticeships during Skills Cymru will be entered into a competition to win an ultimate interview package worth £200!
Both events feature an open evening on Wednesday from 5pm to 7pm when individuals and families are encouraged to come along. Chatting to employers, college admissions teams, training providers, qualification bodies, impartial advisers and experts will help them gain insights not possible anywhere else.
Location & dates:
Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
Wednesday 22 October 2014 9.30am – 3pm & 5pm – 8pm
Thursday 23 October 2014 9.30am – 3pm